Saturday, November 27, 2010

Personal Update

   I know I've not been so good about posting more than just the facts. I'm going to try to be better about that. I'm doing OK enough morale wise so far, the news that I'm here for the long term wasn't something I had not already expected, even before the doctors said as much. I've been spending most of my time being completely overawed by the help that everyone is giving me and my family, and really we couldn't do this without the help we've been granted. Even still...it amazes me.

   People have been asking for my contact info/address etc so that they can send care packages and cards and what not and others have been asking for the main house address so they can send assistance there. I will be putting up a simple webpage today with all that information as well as a paypal link. Some folks are insisting beyond my protests of sending cash assistance. I won't say it isn't needed or that it isn't appreciated immensely..I guess I still have some remnants of pride left.

   What I will definitely be doing though is organizing the names and addresses of those who are assisting, getting tested etc and sending out cards and personal letters and what not. I seriously enjoy that type of activity and think that everyone enjoys getting a letter or a card in the mail now and again in this world of instant everything (especially instant communications).

   Also, thanks to the ideas of some of the folks on facebook, I'm going to start a fundraising campaign for the person who eventually becomes the donor. The medical expenses are taken care of, however there's recovery time and lost work to consider. It's the least I can do to help things along and take care of the people who have helped me and my family.

   Well, I guess that's about it for now, I will be writing one more bit on the donor process since a few folks seem to have some serious misconceptions.

Once again though, I am sending out a huge "thank you" and a huge hug to everyone who is pulling for me. It helps me to remain strong and helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment