Saturday, October 15, 2011

In the hospital again

After a long week of trying to convince my dialysis nurse at the clinic that no, wearing a mask is important when your opening up someone's chest catheter, I am now hospitalised with an infection in my blood. This is very familiar to me and I'm not liking it AT ALL. I'm afraid that I will wind up just as I was last year with no hope and in the hospital for weeks on end. The vascular team keeps putting off redoing my AV graft and now they can't touch me until this infection is gone. That can take up to 6-8 weeks!

Thankfully I have a dear friend staying with us that is helping us to keep things straight and the house on some kind of routine. The boys also have their therapists now which is also making things easier.

I'm going to try to get out of this clinic before they kill me, but they are making it difficult and I'm not sure I can work around their hoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment